Brighton Criminal Appeals Attorney
Do you need to appeal the verdict of your criminal case?
Any serious criminal conviction may result in unforeseen consequences, ranging from:
- lengthy prison sentences
- mandatory registration as a sex offender
- life-time parole
- deportation or other negative immigration
- employment consequences
You need an experienced Brighton appeals attorney to review your criminal conviction or plea to determine if there is any relief obtainable, including motions for a new trial, motion to vacate a plea, or a motion to seal your criminal record or other form of post-conviction relief.
Am I eligible to file for an appeal?
There are strict time limits and filing deadlines on criminal appeals, so time is of the essence. If you wish to pursue an appeal it is important that you consult with a criminal appeals attorney that has the knowledge and skills to professionally handle your appeal.
The approval on an appeal will frequently be decided based solely on the briefs filed by the parties, without oral arguments, so it is important that you lawyer is familiar with the difficult rules, procedures, and filing deadlines involved in the appellate process.
What are the grounds for appeal in criminal cases?
If you believe that you were wrongfully convicted, or that your sentencing was unduly harsh, the Russell Defense Firm will comb through the details of your case seeking inconsistencies, errors, or procedural errors that justify an appeal. As a criminal attorney with extensive knowledge and experience in appeals, your case will be in the hands of a professional you can trust.
Some common trial mistakes that result in appeals are:
- Any ruling that the judge made during the preliminary hearing, during pre-trial motions an during the trial if the ruling was made in error;
- Defense evidence excluded by the court that should have been heard by the jury;
- Prosecution evidence that should have been excluded and heard by the jury;
- Prosecutorial misconduct or unintentional errors;
- Ineffective assistance of counsel that result in mistakes or cause errors which deprive the defendant of the right to proper defense throughout the criminal case.
Contact Attorney Russell Today!
If you are suffering the consequences of a wrongful criminal conviction or sentencing that was outside the guidelines and want to determine if any grounds exist for post-conviction relief contact the firm as soon as possible for a free case evaluation. Attorney Russell has assisted numerous Brighton clients with obtaining positive outcomes for their appeals and he is available to discuss your case.